Covey Island Boatworks Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covey Island Boatworks Forum

Hosted by Covey Island Boatworks, of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, this forum is dedicated to owners and others interested in Covey Island boats including our time-tested processes and skilled craftsmanship.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Classic Yacht Tender

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sailingskier

sailingskier

Classic Yacht Tender Empty
PostSubject: Classic Yacht Tender   Classic Yacht Tender I_icon_minitimeThu 16 May 2013, 14:18

Could someone offer a local (ie Nova Scotia) source for plans for the construction of a 10 or 12 foot "classic yacht tender"of a strip plank style? Thanks
Skier Smile
Back to top Go down
Alandhutch
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Classic Yacht Tender   Classic Yacht Tender I_icon_minitimeFri 17 May 2013, 08:32

I will get in touch with two local Naval Architects and ask them to post a response. I am quite sure they both have plans.
Thanks,
Al
Back to top Go down
sailingskier

sailingskier

PostSubject: Re: Classic Yacht Tender   Classic Yacht Tender I_icon_minitimeSun 19 May 2013, 08:34

Thanks Al !
Skier (aka: Mike)
Back to top Go down
mmd

mmd

PostSubject: Re: Classic Yacht Tender   Classic Yacht Tender I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Jun 2013, 17:47

Hello, sailingskier. I am a local (Nova Scotian) yacht designer/naval architect. Unfortunately, I do not have an "off-the-shelf" design of the size and type of tender that you desire, but I do have extensive experience in converting traditional plank-on-frame hull designs to strip-plank epoxy & wood designs while maintaining the shape and "essence" of the classic original. Should you find the perfect design in a barn or museum (the Maritime Museum in Halifax has an extensive collection of old rowing craft in their collection), an old set of plans, or even an old magazine article, that you would like to have converted to strip-built construction, I would be pleased to help you with that.
Back to top Go down
sailingskier

sailingskier

PostSubject: Re: Classic Yacht Tender   Classic Yacht Tender I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Jun 2013, 19:29

Thanks mmd!

I'll keep that in mind. My question was really more inquisitive right now. Building a "classic yacht tender" is one of my "someday" projects. I'd love to do it "when" time permits and thought for any "off-the-shelf" plans this site may be a good place to start.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic Yacht Tender   Classic Yacht Tender I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classic Yacht Tender
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Covey Island Boatworks Forum :: Designs and Designers-
Jump to: