Covey Island Boatworks Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covey Island Boatworks Forum

Hosted by Covey Island Boatworks, of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, this forum is dedicated to owners and others interested in Covey Island boats including our time-tested processes and skilled craftsmanship.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

video of building the ribs for BLUENOSE II

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DAVIDMALBY

video of building the ribs for BLUENOSE II Empty
PostSubject: video of building the ribs for BLUENOSE II   video of building the ribs for BLUENOSE II I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2013, 12:36

covey island displays exemplary craftsmanship, how about posting the video of building the ribs for BLUENOSE II on your website, I saw it once, but have not been able to find it again. I believe you have your own special epoxy?. is that true and will you be making it available for sale
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: video of building the ribs for BLUENOSE II   video of building the ribs for BLUENOSE II I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2013, 14:05

Below is a link to the LSA Youtube channel and a video that features a bit on the building of the frames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5qd2tflbYU&list=UUMheMt3iasr_VpwNcZNOM0A&index=16

There was a really great time-lapse video of the frame process that I'll try to track down and post a link to as well.
Back to top Go down
https://coveyisland.rpg-board.net
Alandhutch
Admin

PostSubject: Re: video of building the ribs for BLUENOSE II   video of building the ribs for BLUENOSE II I_icon_minitimeFri 03 May 2013, 10:22

Hello David, welcome to the Forum. To answer your question on weather Covey developed and uses our own epoxy, we did help develop an epoxy formula many years ago with a company in Montreal. This epoxy eventually became known as East System and is still widely available through distribution and retail today. The company that manufactures and distributes East System today is Tri-Tex co inc. In recent years at Covey Island we use different epoxy resins based on the application, the designers specification, and owners preference. MAS epoxy has been used extensively on our most recent projects including Farfarer, Bluenose, Columbia and Seafaith.
Thanks,
Al
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: video of building the ribs for BLUENOSE II   video of building the ribs for BLUENOSE II I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

video of building the ribs for BLUENOSE II
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Covey Island Boatworks Forum :: Wood-epoxy & advanced composite construction-
Jump to: