Covey Island Boatworks Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Covey Island Boatworks Forum

Hosted by Covey Island Boatworks, of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, this forum is dedicated to owners and others interested in Covey Island boats including our time-tested processes and skilled craftsmanship.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any market for a Westernman 30 or 35?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hypothetical

Any market for a Westernman 30 or 35? Empty
PostSubject: Any market for a Westernman 30 or 35?   Any market for a Westernman 30 or 35? I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Apr 2013, 16:36

Hi there,

I'm probably not in your target market (yet), but I LOVE your Westernman boats. Having said that, I read Tom Cunliffe's article about the design and realization of the first of the series, and it sounded like the 40 was too much for a cruising couple to handle in many conditions. Has there been any interest in a smaller version? I know I'd love one (assuming I could save my pennies.)

Cheers!

PS: When you register for this forum, the software sends your password in plain text in an email. You can edit the standard registration email to remove the password (I can't post a link to the phpBB forum page where they discuss this, but your webmaster should be able to find it), and should do so as sending passwords in plain text is a big big security no-no.
Thanks,
Jason
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any market for a Westernman 30 or 35?   Any market for a Westernman 30 or 35? I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Apr 2013, 09:53

Thanks, Jason - I'll look into that potential problem you've identified.
Back to top Go down
https://coveyisland.rpg-board.net
Alandhutch
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any market for a Westernman 30 or 35?   Any market for a Westernman 30 or 35? I_icon_minitimeFri 03 May 2013, 10:01

Jason, you are not the 1st person to inquire about a smaller Westernman. I will do some digging to see what we have in our files and will post an update next week. Thanks for comments on this classic design.
Al
Back to top Go down
Alandhutch
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any market for a Westernman 30 or 35?   Any market for a Westernman 30 or 35? I_icon_minitimeFri 17 May 2013, 17:57

Jason, no luck yet in finding a 30 or 35 ft design of a Pilot Cutter similar to the Westernman. We would be pleased to speak with Nigel Irens or another NA if you are interested. Please let us know.
Thanks,
Al
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any market for a Westernman 30 or 35?   Any market for a Westernman 30 or 35? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any market for a Westernman 30 or 35?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Covey Island Boatworks Forum :: Designs and Designers-
Jump to: